NO INSURANCE – and need to see a doctor!!!!! You may be eligible to receive medical care services under the Primary Health Care Program (PHC). The Primary Health Care program provides medical care services to individuals with no insurance and a household income before deductions at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
For an individual to receive PHC services these three (3) requirements MUST be met:
1. Not eligible for other programs/benefits providing the same service
2. Must be a Texas resident; and,
3. Household income before deductions must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
Expanded Primary Health Care
In 2013 the Texas Legislature appropriated funds to be used for Expanded Primary Health Care services for women 18 years and older.
These services include but are not limited to:
Family Planning Services; ie, pregnancy testing, pap exams and birth control methods.
Prenatal Medical Services and Case Management services for pregnant women
For an individual to receive Expanded Primary Health Care services four (4) requirements MUST be met:
1. Female 18 and older
2. Not be eligible for other non-DSHS programs/benefits providing the same service
3. Texas resident; and,
4. Income before deductions at or below the 200% Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
If you would like to apply for either of the above programs, PHC or EPHC contact Lillie Robinson at (409) 384-6829 Ext. 230 for an eligibility screening and application processing.
Business hours are: 7:30 am – 5:00pm Monday – Thursday
Service are available at these sites:
139 West Lamar
Jasper, Texas 75951
Kirbyville, Texas 75956
210 High Street
Newton, Texas 75966